Monday, November 17, 2008

Art of Living..

Art of Living

After finishing weekend household chores, catching up with couple of movies on DVD, this afternoon I was not having any thing to do.., neither any guests were lined up, nor we were scheduled to go anywhere, kids were busy too with their friends and playing in the clubhouse.

In the evening Sneha ji ( my better half), and myself aimlessly started from home, just around the corner at traffic signal i suggested, why don't we go to Gurudwara now, she was happy as well surprised.., as I generally I go alone or with kids, I turned the steering and within a minute we were there (very close to my place in Thane).

Being a Sunday evening very few people come to gurudwara, as people visit in the morning ; only couple of us were there in the sangat , and three raagis were singing wonderful shabad kirtan and explaining its meaning, nothing new or magical, being hearing from childhood, but the way of explanation was given as well as my receptiveness or openness to understand today was different. I am attempting to verbalise it by writing it down so that my thoughts remain and i revisit them regularly to imbibe in my life.


"Five thieves who live within this body are Kam (lust), Krodh (anger), Lobh (greed), Moh (worldly attachment) and Ahankar (pride). They rob us of Amrit ( nectar or Ambrosia) of life, To get rid of this five cardinal vices,

  • One need not fast,to get favours from god, let our conduct be the fasting.
  • Whether we eat vegetarian food or not does not matter. Who can define what is meat and what is plant? Who knows where the sin lies, being a vegetarian or a non vegetarian. Food earned honestly and shared with others is the prasad of God.
  • The filth of ego cannot be washed away, even if one bathes at one hundred holy places. Who so ever controls the mind, he is a pilgrim.
  • The God is far above the effects of these auspicious moments and days every day is an auspicious day, every moment is mahurat, there is no ashub moment in the day created by god.
  • The way to true yoga is found by dwelling in God and remaining detached in the midst of worldly attachments, not in the sanyas, leaving family or wearing white or saffron robe.
  • Neither meditation nor reading holy books or reciting mantras or praying statue will help us in getting rid of our sins if our conduct is not right, or intentions are not right or if we are not fullfilling our comittments and not doing our duties sincerly and honestly.

Yes, in all the senses, it was the magical evening for me, may god gives me courage to follow the path explained to me or understood by me today.

सतनाम श्री वाहेगुरु एही नाम है अह्दारा ॥ सतनाम श्री वाहेगुरु एही नाम है अह्दारा ॥

ravi..


No comments: