Monday, October 13, 2008

My Teachers and Their Teachings

We always learn from others, either through direct one to one communication, or by observation or by reading their thoughts.I have some very distinct memories of last 30 years of my life, specific incidents which inspire me to be a better human being.
I am not sure whether I am covering 100% of important learnings of my life, but i am making an attempt to put them together without any order of significance or importance, each one are equally important and significant.

Swami Vivekananda : Strength is Life, Weakness is Death, identify your weakness and overcome them.

Sarla Kingrani (My Mother): Character, honesty and Integrity are first stepping stone of your journey towards success.

Ajay Mehta ( My best friend..my shadow) : Only thing you need in life is sincerity to your work, no work is big or small. Money you earn is incidental not the purpose of working...

Indranarayan Chandrawal ( Da- Saheb): More difficulties you face in early part of your life, stronger you become to face challenges in your life.Don’t look for excuse once you have made promise, always honour commitment you made even if it means loss of anything materialistic.
Javad Ahmed Siddiqui ( My teacher in engineering who transformed me forever)
Trust your dream, you have great potential, have believe in what you are doing, no matter what other tell you. Limitations are only imaginary.

S K Kingrani ( My Uncle): Respect hard work & labour of your employees, if you take good care of your them, they will take care of your challenges team will do anything for you

R K Sharma ( My friends father) Giving me dream of becoming an successful person, a business manager … “ If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”

B K Singh (My first Boss in TATA Motors): Respect your customer, understand them, spend time with them, understand their business model, they are your only GOD

R K Ghosh ( My boss for 5 years, my guru, my inspiration, my mentor): In most of the challenging situations of life sincere effort is more important & Valuable than intelligence or smartness
Don't hide any mistake...a mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn and grow from it. And if you do (your choice), how can it be a mistake? Because it's served to make you better/wiser/more excellent."....be genuine.

Ratan Tata : Even an introvert and humble person can achieve the top most position in life.....as well as be humble when you reach on top. In life ethics, reputation; values are more valuable than wealth you create.

Tushar Dave ( My Manager in Satyam): Whose unflinching faith in God and Never say die attitude with absolute simplicity and sincerity is foundation of my resilience in professional life, Learning's from Tushar were..."Never give up, you loose the deal the day you stop trying getting it. God always helps when you sincerely try"

Dhruva chandrie (My Manager for 4 years in Reliance, person who influenced me most as a professional): Importance of being focused and detail oriented in life. Organization pay managers for getting things done, not for developing relationships or friendships. Take my words .. He is Jack Welch in making

Hital Meswani ( My super boss in Reliance): Respect each individual and his knowledge, it is humany impossible to know every thing about anything in business...one should be genuinely interested in understanding brass tags.God lies in details and if anyone ignore details he is surely heading for disaster

Mukesh D Ambani : Think Big, Act Fast but Plan Micro ( key to success)

Anjaney Bhutada (my friend, philosopher and guide) : Success can be achieved with Simplicity and without hidden agenda, geniuness and true spirit of helping others help us in long term
Badi Maa (My conscience keeper) : Face any adversity with grace and unflinching trust in God.

Prabhakar Bisen ( My friend and Inspirtaion) : Leave small things for others, aim for Big in Life.
Sudip Narvekar (My friend and buddy) : Corporate positions are not a pre-condition for friendship.

A big thank you to all my Guru's . I am sure these learning's (some new, some reinforcements) are going to shape my life, my future, and my next generations.

No comments: